EFFECTIVE BUSINESS REPORT WRITING & PRESENTATION SKILLS
26 – 27 February 2024
This training programme is geared to ensure that all trainees are effective in business in communication, report writing and presentation skills. The programme effectively blends the theory and practice of business communication and report writing skills with practical application tools and techniques. At the conclusion of this programme, delegates will be capacitated to write business reports and other correspondence as well as have the necessary skills to effectively present professional content.
This course will discuss:
- Golden rules of effective written business communication.
- Developing an effective business writing strategy.
- Formulating an effective business writing methodology.
- Planning, organising, and structuring the business communication document.
- Selecting the appropriate report design for the business communication purpose.
- Drafting, editing, and revising business correspondence.
- Identify the best practice criteria of an effective report.
- Understanding and implementing effective presentation skills.
Understanding and Complying with the New Edition 3.1 of SANS10142-1-2021:
Wiring of Premises
28 – 29 February 2024
The key benefits of attending this comprehensive, descriptive and interactive course are:
- Know if what you are doing is currently compliant with the new edition of the standard.
- Understand the intricacies of the Wiring Code.
- Imbibe knowledge of cable selection and installation methods.
- Comprehend selection and installation requirements of distribution boards, busbars, circuit breakers, disconnecting devices and fuses.
- Understand the new requirements for electric vehicle charging stations, UPS equipment, off-grid or on-grid PV installations, secondary supply network or distribution systems, electrical installations in hazardous locations etc.
- Comprehend concise knowledge of LV earthing principles and concepts.
- Be aware of installation requirements of electric motors, pumps, water heaters, cooking appliances, and HVAC.
- Grasp inspection, testing and commissioning procedures of electrical installations.
HV/MV/LV Substation Design & Construction
5 – 6 March 2024
The scarce skills combined with the aging and retiring of experienced substation design engineers has called for getting young and new substation engineers to become familiar with the fundamental aspects of substation design and construction. This course in substation design will guide you through a step-by-step study of the substation design and construction process. All phases for MV/LV, LV/MV & MV/HV substation design, from initial site review, selection, grounding design, all the way to substation start-up and commissioning will be covered.
Exercises, group discussions, pictures and videos will be used to further demonstrate concepts.
This course has been validated by SAAMA for 2 CPD Credits. Validation Number 2018237.
ASSET AND FACILITY MANAGEMENT
11 – 12 March 2024
An intensive two-day course on Asset Maintenance and Facility Management. Exploring ways to facilitate the application of appropriate strategies and best practices for your assets and facilities.
With an escalating infrastructure maintenance bill, asset owners are recognising the benefits of managing assets along whole life principles. There is a need for a holistic approach that can bring significant value and more effective infrastructure asset management in the long term. Many authorities due to years of neglect, built up a backlog of need with respect to maintenance and also refurbishment, renewal and replacement.
The aim of this comprehensive workshop is to explore new angles, methods and methodologies in the area of asset maintenance and facilities management to provide up-to-date insights and best practices models.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Planning for asset maintenance strategies and asset plans in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Undertaking asset maintenance in the modern 21st century and best practices thereof.
- Implementing a culture of excellent asset maintenance in your organisation.
- Effective management of your workload to avoid backlog maintenance.
- Best practices for outage management and disaster management.
Effective Executive Assistants & PA’s
14 – 15 March 2024
This intensive two-day course takes you beyond the basic requirements of the average Secretary into the advanced skills and techniques you need to become a dynamic Executive Secretaries / PA.
Key benefits of attending this event include:
- Clarifying and expanding the role of a PA and Receptionist.
- Understanding the full scope of areas you need to address.
- Developing and working as a successful team with your manager so that you are both more efficient and productive.
- How a PA or Receptionist contributes to the manager’s success through aligned objectives.
- How to efficiently minute-take.
Performance Management- Best Practice Principles, Process & Tools
18 – 19 March 2024
The programme effectively blends the theory of performance appraisal and management processes with practical application tools and techniques. At the conclusion of this programme, managers will be capacitated to effectively appraise and manage employee performance and to provide performance feedback – organizational, team and individual performance levels.